Los Angeles Salad Company is a family owned and operated business, particularly acclaimed for quality specialty vegetables including French Green Beans (Haricots Verts) and fresh-cut produce.
The majority of LA Salad’s produce is grown from specialty seed, hand harvested and packed at source. As grower, packer and shipper, LA Salads partner with their trading partners to grow produce for their specific needs and specifications.
The diversity of growing areas helps ensure consistent supply and reduces the risk of shortages; we transition seasonally to fields in different geographical locations.
All of LA Salad’s bags and trays are individually designed to extend the shelf life of each specific item.
LA Salads approached ProcessOne with a requirement to improve their EDI processes. Their existing EDI processes required that transactions are manually maintained in both SPS Commerce and iTrade systems as well as in local ERP systems.
This was both labor intensive and time consuming such that significant efficiency gains can be realised by moving to fully automated processes.
LA Salads has been live with ProcessOne 365 for four years.
ProcessOne have also developed a fully automated shipping label print process.
- Automatically calculates carton and pallet counts for a shipment
- SSCC-18 label IDs are automatically generated
- All relevant shipment information (including item codes, lot number, label IDs are be pulled from shipping and then sent to the label software for printing
- The label printing software then formats and prints the labels
- When the shipment is confirmed, all of this information is then used by ProcessOne 365 to automatically generate and send the EDI ASN to the trading partner.